Seeking Weaving Loom Enthusiast Assistance

devastatorbadman

Sep 16, 2021, 11:27:17 PM9/16/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hello,

It's your boy devastatorbadman, the power nerd.

I am seeking assistance from any Weaving Loom Enthusiasts.

I made some acrylic weaving parts for a little girl and I need assistance to further guide and encourage her.

I made the following:

loom_delme.jpg
loomtools_delme.jpg

So she is able to do vertical strands of material and then do horizontal interleaved strands to make a piece of fabric.

Does anyone know how to crochet the edges or anything like that?
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these type of things?

I've got access to commercial laser cutters and can make it worth your while.

Thanks in advance for any assitance,

kind regards,

Jimmy Devastator

Kate

Sep 17, 2021, 3:00:21 AM9/17/21
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
that's lovely! i'd usually say to do one thing at a time - worry about the weaving first and explore crochet when that's exhausted - but it really depends on her.
the basics of crochet are really simple and only need a hook, and if she likes it there's a whole world of other things she can do with it, and other crafts that would combine well. i'm happy to talk more about it!
kate

devastatorbadman

Sep 20, 2021, 4:46:27 PM9/20/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
  Hi Kate!

Thanks for the reply.
I've only got a basic understanding of the whole process so any assistance is great.

I made a parametric model of the square looms:
(So I can generate any size at will.)
loom_family_delme.jpg

I also helped her make this type of loom too:
Are you familiar with this one?
IMG_20210917_213354.jpg

Is this something she should try next?
loom_delme_demo.jpg