Nook looking for website scraping guru

1 view

Mel Flanagan

Apr 6, 2020, 2:36:18 AM4/6/20
to Sydney content strategy meetup
Hi all

Hope everyone is keeping safe in these strange times.

We have a few projects on at the Nook - one that has an urgent deadline - for which we need some help.

We are looking for a website scraping guru - available to do a scrape asap.

We’re working on a website and content redesign for an international not for profit association that’s been around for about 20 years.  They have 60,000 members.

Which means it’s a behemoth!  They have a lot of content on a bespoke system. We need to work out what they’ve got so we can do an audit, redesign the information architecture and work out how to migrate the content we want to keep across to new platforms.

We’ve tried to do a scrape with screaming frog - after 3 days it came up with over 2 million files and was only 20% in. Screaming Frog is not a tool we’ve had to use previously so we are looking for someone who has experience - and can advise us on how to use it properly or do the scrape for us.  Or help us do a staged page scrape.

We need to get this done this week.  We’re not fixed on Screaming Frog - we just need something that can help us work out current state and what we’re dealing with.

Please drop me a line for a chat if you are able to help or can recommend someone who can!

With best wishes

Mel

Mel Flanagan | Nook Studios
+ 61 410 498 819