Mixed environment 6.0.4 and 10.0.1 ?

André Schild

Jan 28, 2010, 3:03:23 AM1/28/10
Hello,

Currently we have a consolidated 6.0.4 database and also 6.0.x remotes
Since we already have (for another database) also the 10.0.1 version on
the remotes, I wanted to ask if we can mix these two versions ?

Our intention is to:

- Upgrade the consolidated DB to 10.0.1, the remotes still work with 6.0.x
- Over the time, when the remotes are newly installed/upgraded with
switch them over one by one to 10.0.1

Is such a setup intended to work (From what I read in the forum I think
it should) ?

I know that we will have to test it for ourself, but I just wanted to
ask if we have a chance on getting it working.
Or should we perhaps first upgrade the remotes and then, when all
remotes are on 10.0.x, also upgrade the consolidated DB.

Thanks

Andrᅵ

Reg Domaratzki [Sybase iAnywhere]

Jan 28, 2010, 2:25:19 PM1/28/10

This should work. The format of the messages generated by v6 and v10 is
the same.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Please reply only to the newsgroup

Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange: DCX.sybase.com
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
-> Choose SQL Anywhere
-> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"