documentation update

Bill Aumen

Sep 15, 2009, 6:01:14 PM9/15/09
We accidentally ran an Oracle formatted script against our SQL Anywhere
11.0.1 database, "CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE..." and were pleasantly
surprised to learn the "OR REPLACE" clause works! But that hasn't made it
to the Help files yet.

Unknown

Sep 15, 2009, 6:05:15 PM9/15/09
Sure it has.

Check out
http://dcx.sybase.com/1101en/dbreference_en11/create-procedure-user-defined-statement.html

on our new doc exchange site.

"Bill Aumen" <bi...@aumenconsulting.com> wrote in message

Bill Aumen

Sep 17, 2009, 11:27:43 AM9/17/09
Thanks Nick. we only use the documentation and help that installs with SQL
Anywhere. Our 11.0.1.2276 help file still shows:

CREATE PROCEDURE statement
Use this statement to create a procedure in the database.

Syntax 1 - Creating user defined procedures
CREATE [ TEMPORARY ] PROCEDURE [ owner.]procedure-name ( [ parameter,
... ] )
{ [ RESULT ( result-column, ... ) | NO RESULT SET ]
[ SQL SECURITY { INVOKER | DEFINER } ]
[ ON EXCEPTION RESUME ]
compound-statement
| AT location-string
| EXTERNAL NAME library-call
| [ DYNAMIC RESULT SETS integer-expression ]
[ EXTERNAL NAME java-call LANGUAGE JAVA ]
}parameter :
parameter-mode parameter-name data-type [ DEFAULT expression ]
| SQLCODE
| SQLSTATE
parameter-mode : IN
| OUT
| INOUT
"Nick Elson [Sybase iAnywhere]" <@nick@.@elson@@sybase@.@com@> wrote in
message news:4ab00f9b@forums-1-dub...

Volker Barth

Sep 17, 2009, 12:43:28 PM9/17/09
Bill,

AFAIK, each SA maintenance release comes with a new set of docs. That is
typically a separate download available on the usual EBF download site.

Docs are not bound to build numbers. My current 11.0.1 docs (which do
include create or replace...) have the following version tag:

In folder %SQLANY11%\Documentation\en\version.txt
version=11.0.1.20090211

May your docs be still on 11.0.0?

HTH
Volker

Bill Aumen

Sep 17, 2009, 1:08:01 PM9/17/09
ahhh, maybe. I'll check that. Thanks Volker.

"Volker Barth" <No_VBarth@Spam_GLOBAL-FINANZ.de> wrote in message

Bill Aumen

Oct 3, 2009, 11:41:22 AM10/3/09
none of us here in my shop could find how to get the 11.0.1 documentation,
unless we could read Japanese or German in which case it is available for
download. So I decided to download the free Developer Edition to get the
docs. But Sybase didn't really let me download it, they priority-couriered
it to my office. Now I have what I need. Expensive way to distribute
documentation updates :-).

"Volker Barth" <No_VBarth@Spam_GLOBAL-FINANZ.de> wrote in message

Volker Barth

Oct 7, 2009, 3:56:16 AM10/7/09
Bill,

I'm no Sybase/iAnywhere staff member at all, so they might know better.
And of course I can't comment on product delivery.

But the original 11.0.1 documentation *is* available on the EBF side
(http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/detail.do).
The versions for Windows x64/x86 and Linux have a release date of 3rd
March 2009.
As you are able to find the (more recently published) German and Chinese
11.0.1 docs, might it be that you left the "Time frame" box on the top
of the page in its default "6 month" range? - That would explain why you
see those newer docs but not the 7 month old English one. If so,
changing the time frame to "9 month" should do.

HTH
Volker

Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]

Oct 7, 2009, 3:03:56 PM10/7/09
Volker Barth wrote:
> But the original 11.0.1 documentation *is* available on the EBF side
> (http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/detail.do).

You can directly download the 11.0.1 English documentation here:
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/detail.do?relid=12200&baseprod=144&client=ianywhere

> As you are able to find the (more recently published) German and Chinese
> 11.0.1 docs, might it be that you left the "Time frame" box on the top
> of the page in its default "6 month" range? - That would explain why you
> see those newer docs but not the 7 month old English one. If so,
> changing the time frame to "9 month" should do.

Or going to this link directly will take you to 'All Months':
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0

Cheers,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/

Volker Barth

Oct 8, 2009, 4:43:36 AM10/8/09
Jeff,

thanks for the pointers - and yes, that's why I wrote:
"I'm no Sybase/iAnywhere staff member at all, so they might know

better." - Sure you do:)

Best regards
Volker