Trying to get my head around the vocabulary and how to do some things

galen...@gmail.com

May 15, 2018, 10:14:06 PM5/15/18
I know Powerdesigner can do just about anything. I'm just trying to get started doing some different actions that involve scripting and reading the vast metadata available.

I'd like to do specific actions during forward engineering a table. During this process I would like be able to create a 1-for-1 view of each table. I'd also like to be able to setup some metadata on each table, for example I'd like to be able to identify a table as a TYPE1 Dimension or a TYPE2 Dimension. This would mean I would like to add to the "Dimensional Type" Dropdown and add in the choices of TYPE1 and TYPE2. Then, during forward engineering, I'd like to add particular code for a TYPE1 view or different supporting views of TYPE2 dimensions.

How would you do the above? What vocabulary do I need to familiarize myself with to make sure I know how to do it? Are there scripts I could steal and modify that would help me get started?