Excel Import in PD 15.1

Bob Mathis

Oct 7, 2009, 11:45:04 AM10/7/09
I am having trouble setting up the Excel spreadsheet for the Excel import in
PD 15.1 on a conceptual data model.

I have the following tables and columns in each table:

Sheet Name Column Name

Entity Name

Code

Description

Annotation

Generated

Relationship Name

Code

RelationshipType

Entity1

Entity2

Entity1ToEntity2RoleCardinality

Entity2ToEntity1RoleCardinality

Entity1ToEntity2Role

Entity2ToEntity1Role

Entity1ToEntity2RoleMandatory

Entity2ToEntity1RoleMandatory

Generated

DataItem UsedBy

Name

Code

Comment

Description

DataType

If I select 'Guess default column mapping', the Entities import fine and the
Relationships will import but do not have Entity1 or Entity2 assigned and
the Entities do not have any Attributes.

If I do not select the checkbox, then I can select 'Entity' as a 'Referenced
Class Name' for the 'Relationship Attributes' Entity1 and Entity2, but I
still cannot get the Data Items assigned as Attributes in the Entities.

I tried adding another worksheet called 'EntityAttribute' with columns
'EntityName' and 'Name', but that does not attach them, either.

So, what I need to know is:

A) What should the column names be so that Entity1 and Entity2 are
automatically assigned ('Entity1' and 'Entity2' do not work).

B) How do I label either the sheet or the columns so that the Data Items
are assigned as Attributes to an Entity

TIA,

Bob Mathis

manoj.vela...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 9:39:53 AM6/15/15
Hi Bob,

Did you get any answer to this one. I am also facing same issue. Could you please help me on this one.

regards,
manoj.V