PowerDesigner I have created all my tables with mixed case the sql preview converts them to all uppercase. This question has not been answered!

kevin.le...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 5:47:08 PM11/27/12
This doesn't make sense. How about the option to leave the name just as i created it when generating sql. I right click on table in physical model and pick sql preview... it generates the script with comments... but uppercases everything making them unreadable. It's amazing such a simple thing is redicilously difficult.

kevin.le...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 5:53:04 PM11/27/12
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:47:08 PM UTC-7, kevin.le...@gmail.com wrote:
> This doesn't make sense. How about the option to leave the name just as i created it when generating sql. I right click on table in physical model and pick sql preview... it generates the script with comments... but uppercases everything making them unreadable. It's amazing such a simple thing is redicilously difficult. It appears that once created changing options only work on new columns not existing colulmns. How do I process through all tables and make code name = name?

Sean S

Dec 3, 2012, 9:30:30 AM12/3/12
Hi, Kevin. From what you've written, I understand that you have changed your "Code" settings so that PowerDesigner no longer switches the Code to upper case when converting your name property. If that's the case, you could run the script below. It is the equivalent of opening each Table and then clicking the "=" button next to the Code field. If you need to perform this task for other types of objects (References, Views, etc.), the same concept applies.

Dim oTable

For Each oTable in ActiveModel.Tables
oTable.SetNameToCode
Next

If you haven't run scripts before, just select Tools -> Execute Commands -> Edit/Run Script from the menu. Paste the script into the resulting window, and then click the Run button.

Cheers,
Sean

robi...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2019, 4:21:05 PM12/10/19
The problem is the opposite. How can we avoid automatic case conversion?