Sqlca looses connection with Powerbuilder 12_5_1 Wcf service ?

zakkar

Aug 9, 2012, 8:26:55 AM8/9/12
Hi ,
I'm using powerbuilder 12.5.1. 4595 build and I have created a wcf service
In my nvo I have create a function let's call f_login where I can connect with the database using SQLCA.
So far so good.
I'm connected and I am able to get data from the database.
The problem starts when I call a second function from f_login.
In the second function although I'm already connected from the f_login , I am not able to retrieve data from the database.
Here is some code.
This is the code which lies in the f_login (the first function I call)
#IF DEFINED PBWDOTNET THEN
is_ip_address = string(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("IP_ADDRESS"))
is_username = string(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("USERNAME"))
is_password = string(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("PASSWORD"))
is_password = f_decr_new(is_password)
is_sid = string(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("SID"))
il_port = long(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("PORT"))
is_DBMS_TYPE = string(system.configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DBMS_TYPE"))

ls_return = this.connect_db(sqlca)
if ls_return <> "0" then
return ls_return
end if
#END IF

In my f_login method now I am connected and I have a connected SQLCA transaction object.
Now the code continues and I'm calling the second function
f_device_check1(devid, userid)
which is a function which does a select statement and returns a string.
I'm checking the sqlca.sqlerrtext and it says that Transaction not Connected.
This is pretty strange because if I create a classic asmx webservice this is working.
But with Wcf it is not ?
I tried to pass by ref the sqlca from the first call but it didn't work either.

What should I do ?
Appreciate any help you could give me.
thank you

bruce.a...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2012, 1:59:42 PM8/16/12
This group has been marked read only on the Sybase server. In addition, the feed between Google and the Sybase server is not currently working. If you post through Google the post will never show up on the Sybase server, and most people who answer questions in that group will never see it. Instead, you may want to access the Sybase newsgroups directly at:

http://www.sybase.com/detail_list?id=11507&pageNum=1&multi=true&show=1248