how Powerbuilder 10.5 does consume Java web services?

martha

Jun 13, 2012, 9:41:30 AM6/13/12
I have Powerbuilder 10.5 and I have to consume a web service written
in Java (WheaterService)/ I don't find enough documentation about. I
read an example:
This example doesnt'work, because the proxy created with the wizard
p_ws_proxy1, doesnt't like the compilation:

Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks!

That is the invocation>

String s_returnValue
// Declare SoapConnection
SoapConnection cnn

// Declare proxy : This is the name of the proxy created with the
wizard
p_ws_proxy1 proxy_obj

// Instantiated Soap Connection
cnn = Create SoapConnection

// Create proxy object
cnn.CreateInstance(proxy_obj, "p_ws_proxy1")

try
// Invoke Web Service
s_returnValue = proxy_obj.WeatherService(arguments....)
// use the return value
//….
catch ( SoapException e )
messagebox ("Error", "Cannot invoke WS") // error handling
end try
destroy cnn

The error is '" Illegal data type p_ws_proxy1"
And p_ws_proxy1 is:

Confirm overwrites: No
WSDL Location: http://localhost:8080/clima-ws/services/temperature.wsdl
Use .NET Engine: No
Services selected :
Service WeatherService:
WeatherPort
Service schema__GetTemperaturesRequest:
Entire Service Selected
Service schema__GetTemperaturesResponse__TemperatureInfo:
Entire Service Selected

msib...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2012, 7:48:18 AM6/15/12
I didn't know that there is an option Deploy at right bottom over proxy object...That was my error.
But now, I don't know how to pass arrays as arguments and I take the getresponse.
Thanks! But I don't know if this forum is alive?

bruce.a...@yahoo.com

Jul 18, 2012, 7:46:08 PM7/18/12
This group has been marked read only on the Sybase server. In addition, the feed between Google and the Sybase server is not currently working. If you post through Google the post will never show up on the Sybase server, and most people who answer questions in that group will never see it. Instead, you may want to access the Sybase newsgroups directly at:

http://www.sybase.com/detail_list?id=11507&pageNum=1&multi=true&show=1248