Google Map API

yasirmasood

Dec 2, 2007, 12:51:01 AM12/2/07
Hello,

I have a question regarding Google Mapping API. Is it
possible to call a GoogleMap API and display a web map
within a datawindow? We are currently using PB 8 and
planning to move to PB 10 in a few months.

I would appreciate your help.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Dec 2, 2007, 9:09:15 AM12/2/07

Something like that was shown during TechWave 2007. You can find the
source code in the PB11 road show samples:

https://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=869&expandFolder=869&folderID=0

Have you already purchased 10? Because AFAIK the only versions being
sold now are 10.5 and 11.

yasirmasood

Dec 2, 2007, 5:25:07 PM12/2/07
Thanks for your response. I am using PB 10.5 Build 4523.
Is it possible to re-create this in PB 10.5

Thanks

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Dec 2, 2007, 6:19:15 PM12/2/07

It should work with 10.5 as well, though you would have to manually do
the down-migration of the code.

yasirmasood

Dec 2, 2007, 9:11:32 PM12/2/07
Bruce,

Since I do not have PB 11, how can I view the code?

Thanks

Jim O'Neil [Sybase]

Dec 2, 2007, 10:37:41 PM12/2/07
You can download PB11 evaluation from the sybase site, that may be the
easiest approach at this point. Under the covers, the example is just
a wrapper for the generation of HTML and Javascript markup that is
then put into a browser, so it can be accomplished with just about any
version of PB.

yasirmasood

Dec 3, 2007, 12:43:36 PM12/3/07
Thanks Jim. How do I download the PB11 evaluation. Can you
give me a link.

Thanks

Jim O'Neil [Sybase]

Dec 3, 2007, 2:30:14 PM12/3/07

K R

Dec 5, 2007, 11:36:50 AM12/5/07
Are you tied to using Google maps? What are you trying to do? If you want
to display a map within a PB window, there are a few ActiveX plugins that
will work. I have had alot of success using MapObjects from ESRI.

KR

manisekarana...@gmail.com

May 3, 2018, 5:49:11 AM5/3/18
DEAR SIR