Problem with pb11 and scc pb native. impossible to open a workspace

jc

Jan 3, 2008, 6:32:03 AM1/3/08
We have a problem with PB Enterprise and the source control.
I have not a problem to open any workspace. Chek in/ Check out OK.
But my colleague, when he opening only workspace with 2 targets, he receive

Connection to source control established
Refreshing source control status ...........

That's all! He not receive the message "Source control is ready".
He wait 5, 10, 30 minutes and nothing.
Impossible for hem to open this workspace. But queerly, sometimes it's OK.
Without source control, he have'nt never problems.
he have already reinstall PB11 and no change.

I have not a problem with this workspace.

Help!

Thank's

JCC

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Jan 3, 2008, 10:23:44 AM1/3/08
Whenever the symptoms are:
- Problems with the SCC integration;
- It happens on one machine but not all machines;
- It happens at seemingly random times;

Check for duplicate PB*.DLL files somewhere on the offending machine.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

jc

Jan 4, 2008, 5:06:01 AM1/4/08
Hello,

The duplicate PB*.DLL already verified.
This problem is with one and only one workspace, not all workspaces.
After creation a new workspace with same 2 targets, always the same problem.
I have'nt problem but my colleague have always the problem.
No response of PB after refreshing source control status message. It happens
random times.

New information:
My colleague can reproduce the problem.
If he open the workspace with only the library list open then always the
same problem with only this workspace.
If he open this workspace with the system-tree window open then no problems.
If he open this workspace with system-tree window and library list open then
no problems.
If he open this workspace without system-tree window and library list then
no problems.
It's really strange!
And i repeat only one workspace, no with others worspaces.
And me, no problem with all workspaces.

Have you an idea?

Thank's
"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> a écrit dans le message
de news: 477cfe00$1@forums-1-dub...

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Jan 4, 2008, 8:42:23 AM1/4/08
Nothing specific is coming to mind... Which build of PB11 is this? And
which SCC provider are you using?

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"jc" <jc.cu...@mouscron.be> wrote in message

jc

Jan 4, 2008, 11:00:55 AM1/4/08
PB Version 11.1 Build 8123

SCC: PB Native

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> a écrit dans le message

de news: 477e37bf$1@forums-1-dub...

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Jan 4, 2008, 4:27:30 PM1/4/08
OK. Some additional questions:

Does each developer have a complete set of the PBLs on their local machine,
and is the PBNative project folder is located out on a shared LAN drive?

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

jc

Jan 7, 2008, 3:53:38 AM1/7/08
The complete set of the PBLs is located on a shared Lan drive of the
development server.(local root directory on the properties of workspace)
No the complete set of PBLs on the local machine of each developer.

The project is located on the other shared LAN Drive on this same
development server. (Project on the properties of workspace)

We are the newbies with PBNative.
Each developer must have a complete set of the PBLs? It's necessary?. The
PBLs on a shared drive it's an error?

Thank's

JCC

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> a écrit dans le message

de news: 477ea4c2$1@forums-1-dub...

Roland Smith [TeamSybase]

Jan 7, 2008, 8:32:17 AM1/7/08
Each developer should have a complete set of PBLs on their local machine or
a network drive that is their personal share.

The 'Project' directory should be located on a shared network drive.

When developer A does a check in, all other developers will do a 'Get Latest
Version'. This copies the updated object down to their personal copy.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Jan 7, 2008, 8:40:39 AM1/7/08
Yes, as of PB8, it's required for each developer to be working from a
separate set of PBLs. This is true for any SCC provider, not just PBNative.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

jc

Jan 8, 2008, 6:15:55 AM1/8/08
I can't understand, from PB9 the complete set of Pbls is always located on a
shared drive and no problem for check in/check out.

Why for each developer? It's absolutly necessary?

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> a écrit dans le message

de news: 47822bd7$1@forums-1-dub...

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Jan 8, 2008, 8:56:46 AM1/8/08
Prior to PB8, when you checked an object out, it was automatically copied to
your "work" PBL, which isolated your work from that of your co-developers.
Starting with PB8, you check objects out "in place". They don't go
anywhere. So your work-in-progress is immediately seen by your colleagues
as soon as you click SAVE. This violates one of the basic concepts of
source code management, in which MY changes are isolated from the active
code branch until I specifically check them in (or merge them, as in the
case of CVS, SubVersion, etc).

You can achieve this with shared PBLs, as long as each developer has a
separate "work" PBL of their very own. You'd check the object out "in
place" from the shared PBL on the LAN, manually copy it into the work PBL,
edit/debug it there, then at checkin time, you'd have to copy the revised
object back into its "home" PBL and perform the checkin. This would save
the other team members from ever having to do a "get latest version", but I
can't recommend it. Disk space is cheap - give everyone their own set of
PBLs and solve all your problems. Then get a separate machine that only
does GLVs and performs the build.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"jc" <jc.cu...@mouscron.be> wrote in message

Jeremy Lakeman

Jan 9, 2008, 8:08:15 PM1/9/08
On Jan 4, 8:06 pm, "jc" <jc.cupp...@mouscron.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The duplicate PB*.DLL already verified.
> This problem is with one and only one workspace, not all workspaces.
> After creation a new workspace with same 2 targets, always the same problem.
> I have'nt  problem but my colleague have always the problem.
> No response of PB after refreshing source control status message. It happens
> random times.
>
> New information:
> My colleague can reproduce the problem.
> If he open the workspace with only the library list open then always the
> same problem with only this workspace.
> If he open this workspace with the system-tree window open then no problems.
> If he open this workspace with system-tree window and library list open then
> no problems.
> If he open this workspace without system-tree window and library list then
> no problems.
> It's really strange!
> And i repeat only one workspace, no with others worspaces.
> And me, no problem with all workspaces.
>
> Have you an idea?
>
> Thank's

Hmmm, I'd check for other pb dll's or perhaps other dll's that are
confusing your source control system in the same folder as the
workspace file.

My guess is, the difference between when it works, and when it doesn't
is the current directory of the IDE. If you open a file browse dialog
to open the workspace your current directory will change. If the IDE
(or source control system) then attempts to load a dll for the first
time and that dll exists in the current folder it will be loaded
instead.

I had some weird problems once when I started PB with a current
directory that included a different version of the pb runtimes. This
might be similar.

jc

Jan 17, 2008, 9:26:37 AM1/17/08
Now, each developer have PLBs, but always the same problem and always with
the same workspace.

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran AT sybase DOT com> a écrit dans le message

de news: 4783811e$1@forums-1-dub...

Ronny Plontke

Jan 24, 2008, 2:06:50 PM1/24/08

jc schrieb:

> We have a problem with PB Enterprise and the source control.
> I have not a problem to open any workspace. Chek in/ Check out OK.
> But my colleague, when he opening only workspace with 2 targets, he receive
>
> Connection to source control established
> Refreshing source control status ...........

We have the same problem with PB 10.5.2. In PB 10.2.1 SCC was
working fine.

The crash happens randomly. We have also checked for double
DLLs, but everything seems to be ok (especially with pbnat105.dll).
I have no idea where it comes from. Apparently it is not occuring
on all machines. Wich OS do you use?

Regards
Ronny

Andreas Holz

May 19, 2008, 7:43:45 AM5/19/08
I got the same problem with 10.5.2.7662 on Vista and XP.

After deleting the registry key

HKCU\Software\Sybase\Powerbuilder\10.5\Layout

I was able to reconnect to the PBNative Repository properly.

Andreas

Andreas Holz

May 19, 2008, 10:04:42 AM5/19/08
Just got this problem with another PC -> It's the library key!

jeffefa...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2019, 4:26:13 PM8/14/19
THANK's !!!