Migrating a PFC based powerbuilder (Ver 8.0) Version application to PB10.0

Guruprasa...@wellsfargo.com

Jun 5, 2006, 12:43:23 PM6/5/06
Hi All,

I have a PB application in Version 8.0 based on PFC. We are
in the process of migrating that to PB10.0.

Can u please tell me where to get the latest PFC libraries
for the migration and how to incorporate in the migration.

When I use the PFC from Ver 8.0, I am getting the followin
errors during EXE creation.

PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch).3: Warning
C0190: Instance variables of local structure type
('os_columns') will be implicitly private in the next
release.

PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_querymode).5: Warning C0190:
Instance variables of local structure type
('os_querymodeinfo') will be implicitly private in the next
release.

PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report).pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report.of_prepprint.33:
Error C0081: Duplicate variable: ls_objects

PFEMAIN.PBL(n_trp).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type:
pfc_n_trp

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar).28: Warning
C0190: Instance variables of local structure type
('os_dwobjects') will be implicitly private in the next
release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_sheetmanager).4: Warning
C0190: Instance variables of local structure type
('os_sheet') will be implicitly private in the next release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).3: Warning
C0190: Instance variables of local structure type
('os_updcharacteristics') will be implicitly private in the
next release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_resize).17: Warning C0190:
Instance variables of local structure type ('os_resize')
will be implicitly private in the next release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_w_toolbars).7: Warning C0190: Instance
variables of local structure type ('os_toolbar') will be
implicitly private in the next release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_u_tv).7: Warning C0190: Instance
variables of local structure type ('os_datasource') will be
implicitly private in the next release.

PFCAPSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwcache).8: Warning C0190:
Instance variables of local structure type ('os_cachelist')
will be implicitly private in the next release.

PFCAPSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_trregistration).4: Warning C0190:
Instance variables of local structure type ('os_transentry')
will be implicitly private in the next release.

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_trp).2: Error C0001: Illegal data
type: transport

---------- Finished Deploy of p_priceverify

Thanks in advance,

Guru

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Jun 5, 2006, 12:56:18 PM6/5/06

https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

> When I use the PFC from Ver 8.0, I am getting the followin
> errors during EXE creation.

Most of those are just warnings. And you need to remove the transport
object related user objects from your libraries (or just use the new PFC
layer which doesn't have them anymore).

Guruprasad

Jun 5, 2006, 1:19:29 PM6/5/06
Bruce,

thanks for the response. I have downloaded the zip file and
have gone through it.

Should I extract only those objects that I have problem with
and then import(?) into a older version of PFC PBL and then
use them
OR is there any other way of using these objects?

Guru