Invalid column name

Eddy

Sep 11, 2007, 11:36:00 AM9/11/07
I am trying to migrate an application from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 7
but it fails while reading the results of a stored procedure
call with: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name.

We are using ASE 12.5 and RAD7 with WAS 6.

The stored proc works ok when called from anywhere but RAD.
It is very simple:
select BOB_ID = GroupID,
BOB_Name = Description
from MYDB..BOBDEF

I tried everything I can think of:
1. used true and false with GET_BY_NAME_USES_COLUMN_LABEL,
BE_AS_JDBC_COMPLIANT_AS_POSSIBLE, USE_METADATA and
FAKE_METADATA
2. Changed jconn2 to jconn3 (and jdbc3)
3. Replaced the old rowset.jar with the new RowSet.jar

Nothing works! I don't know what else to do. Need help!

Paul

Sep 13, 2007, 12:36:27 PM9/13/07
Hi Eddy,

You might want to get a TDS trace to see what's going on.

You can try this prop:

/**
* This property when set to True will be
* used to return column label as column name
*/
public static final int GET_COLUMN_LABEL_FOR_NAME = 65;

-Paul

Sep 17, 2007, 4:03:09 PM9/17/07
On 13 Sep 2007 09:36:27 -0700, "Paul" <Pa...@sybase.com> wrote:

Paul,

I am wondering if he is using a pretty currrent jconn3.jar and wonder
if he is in the correct database to get the catalog information?

I guess see the Ribo output would explain at least what they are
doing.

Jay

Paul

Sep 18, 2007, 10:46:41 AM9/18/07
Yeah - it's possible - the sproc text posted indicates
such a possibility

Hi Eddy,

Defintely get the tds trace (use the ribo utility or use the
CAPTURE_PROTOCOL property on the application)
If you know how to format the file generated to text you can look at it to
see what's going on. Or you can post the
generated file to this posting.

-Paul

"J" <jtotall...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message