Problem using SQL.INI (or interfaces file) with JConnect

Thn

May 19, 2008, 7:27:13 PM5/19/08
I am trying to use SQL.INI file with JConnect to open a
connection to database but encountering a variety of issues.

In following code,

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("user", "testuser");
props.put("password", "welcome");

Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sybase:jndi:file://C:/Sybase.12/ini/SQL.INI?MyServer01"
, props);

I get exception that -

String index out of range: -1 file not found

When I remove MyServer01, it gives following exception -

JZ019: Error obtaining SERVERNAME

Has anybody used JConnect (for JDBC 6.0, jconn3.jar)
succcesfully with SQL.INI? Please help!

regards
Thn

Paul

May 21, 2008, 11:05:44 AM5/21/08
Hi

In using

jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/6.05(Build 26246)/P/EBF15608/JDK14/Fri Mar 14
16:06:13 2008

I was successful in connecting. What version are you using? And you're
sure the ASE name is correct as seen in the SQL.INI file?

-Paul