jDBC Connection Refused using hostname

panos

Nov 8, 2010, 8:32:57 PM11/8/10
to d...@ptops.com
Hi there,
I see a number of threads out there with similar problems, but not
really any answers.
What's really worrying me is that most of them are 10 years old.

I'm running Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.0 on Windows Vista
using jconn3.jar for jDBC version 6.05 and I'm seeing the following
problem.

- If I run isql, I can connect to the server TITANIUM and port 5000.
- If I run my java program without being connected to the ethernet
cable to my router, but do have a wireless connection, I can also
connect to the server using the hostname TITANIUM and port 5000.
- Once I plug into my router and no longer running wirelessly, I
cannot connect using the hostname and port. I get the following
exception

Error occurred, Msg: Failed to connect to dbServer:
jdbc:sybase:Tds:TITANIUM:5000 as SYSTEM
java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException:
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseErrorCheckDead(Unknown
Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.login(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybConnection.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybConnection.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)

I was told by a collegue that I should install the Microsoft Loopback
Network Adapter, but it seems to make no difference.