ASE upgarde

Steve

Jan 18, 2010, 7:47:09 PM1/18/10
Hi all,
We are planning to upgrade our 12.5.3 server to 15.0.3. I
have been reading lot of documents from sybase website. I
have couple of questions and would appreciate if someone
would shed light as this is our first migration to 15.
- Our application use jConnect 4.2, will this work with
15.0.3 or we will have to upgrade jConnect ot 6.0.5
- Should we consider upgrading to 15.5? How stable is this
release?

Thx in advance.
Steve

dumbdog

Jan 21, 2010, 6:13:16 PM1/21/10
> Hi all,
> We are planning to upgrade our 12.5.3 server to 15.0.3. I
> have been reading lot of documents from sybase website. I
> have couple of questions and would appreciate if someone
> would shed light as this is our first migration to 15.
> - Our application use jConnect 4.2, will this work with
> 15.0.3 or we will have to upgrade jConnect ot 6.0.5

shuold work, unless u are using new featurs(datatype etc) of
15. When I had migrated a year back jCon 5.5 had not issues
with 15.0.2;

> - Should we consider upgrading to 15.5? How stable is this
> release?

going thr the 15.5 new feature list, dont think u will gain
anything(unless u shell out $$$ for IMDB lic), rest look
similar to what 15.0.3 offers - i guess. (might be good down
the line)