BCP rounding-off float values in Flat File

kneo

Dec 18, 2010, 12:48:52 PM12/18/10
I am using BCP to extract table data into a flat file. The table is
located in ASE 12 database.
I am using -c option to covert all data into character type.

I have found that some numbers like -28974.779999999999 are being
rounded off to -28974.78 .

Below is the syntax for bcp that i have tried

bcp databasename..tablename out <file-name> -S <server-name> -U
<schema-name> -P <password> -c -t ","

I have even tried the same using format file with -f option in the
command, but unfortunately I have found the same problem.

Kindly, please give suggestions to overcome this error

Thank You
kneo