seems like tables are locked for inserts, updates and deletes

rsm

Nov 27, 2012, 4:30:21 PM11/27/12
Hi

I have a Sybase 12.5.4 with all data row locking tables and
have a very big problem.

Sometimes my tables are locked for inserts, updates and
deletes, mostly it is inserts that are bloked and I get no
new inserts in some seconds ( 3 - 90 ), but al of a sudden
everything is back to normal and everything works fine
again. I is different tables so I can't pinpoint if one
table is off, for example if it has some strange constraint
to another table with no index.

I am not sure where to look, perhaps you have some things I
can take a look at?

- Can an index on another table be locked, sometimes it is a
number of different tables that has the insert problem, and
the only thing they have in common is that they has a
constraint to a very big table which referes to its primary