problem with sysservers

Heinz Müller

Jan 14, 2009, 12:36:24 PM1/14/09

when I run this command I've got an error as sybase user kplus ( not sa! havn't tried it with sa ):

1> use kplus
2> go
1> update Users set LoginName = "heinz" where LoginName = "heinz"
2> go
Msg 7218, Level 16, State 3:
Server 'KPLUS_REF3', Line 1:
Site 'KPLUS_REF1' not found in sysservers. <<<<<<<<<<<<<??????
(1 row affected)

That is my sysservers:

1> select * from sysservers
2> go
srvid srvstatus srvname srvnetname srvclass srvsecmech
srvcost
------ --------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------- -------- ------------------------------
-------
0 9 KPLUS_REF3 KPLUS_REF3 0 NULL
0
1 8 SYB_BACKUP KPLUS_REF3_BACKUP NULL NULL
NULL
2 9 KPLUS_REF3_XP KPLUS_REF3_XP 11 NULL
1000
3 9 OpenKFS OpenKFS_REF3 7 NULL
1000
4 9 loopback KPLUS_REF3 7 NULL
1000
5 9 reporting KPLUS_REF3 7 NULL
1000
6 9 tradekast KPLUS_REF3 7 NULL
1000

I restarted the SYBASE-server but with no improvement.

I don't know why the command is looking for KPLUS_REF1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Heinz

Bret Halford [Sybase]

Jan 14, 2009, 12:56:15 PM1/14/09

I suspect that "Users" is either a proxy table pointing to a table
or procedure on KPLUS_REF1 or there is an update trigger that
is making an rpc call to KPLUS_REF1 or accessing a proxy table defined
on it.

Heinz Müller

Jan 14, 2009, 1:04:37 PM1/14/09

"Bret Halford [Sybase]" <br...@sybase.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:496e273f$1@forums-1-dub...

How can I check that? sp_help Users?

Heinz

Heinz Müller

Jan 14, 2009, 2:36:05 PM1/14/09

>> I suspect that "Users" is either a proxy table pointing to a table
>> or procedure on KPLUS_REF1 or there is an update trigger that
>> is making an rpc call to KPLUS_REF1 or accessing a proxy table defined on it.
>

> How can I check that? sp_help Users?
>
> Heinz

Ok, I've found a trigger on that table. But in that trigger code I can't see
anything with KPLUS_REF1.

Any help? Should I post the code?

Heinz

Bret Halford [Sybase]

Jan 14, 2009, 3:28:05 PM1/14/09

sp_help Users should tell you if Users is a proxy table or not.

If you post the trigger code then people can comment on it; if you
don't post it we can't...

Cheers,
-bret

Mark A. Parsons

Jan 14, 2009, 3:31:24 PM1/14/09
What did 'sp_help Users' show?

Does the update trigger on Users call any stored procs, and if so, did you check said proc(s) source code?

Doe the update trigger on Users perform any writes (insert/update/delete) against any other tables, and if so, did you
check those tables for their definition (ie, are they proxies) as well as the source code of the associated triggers?

Repeat the above steps for each table, trigger and stored proc you take a look at.

Heinz Müller

Jan 14, 2009, 4:11:20 PM1/14/09

"Mark A. Parsons" <iron_horse@no_spamola.compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:496e4b9c$1@forums-1-dub...

> What did 'sp_help Users' show?
>
> Does the update trigger on Users call any stored procs, and if so, did you check said proc(s) source code?
>
> Doe the update trigger on Users perform any writes (insert/update/delete) against any other tables, and if so, did you
> check those tables for their definition (ie, are they proxies) as well as the source code of the associated triggers?
>
> Repeat the above steps for each table, trigger and stored proc you take a look at.

I've posted it on Brets thread.

You're right. In the triggers code a SP named DataMvts_insert is called.
So I have to take a look in that SP. More infos tommorrow.

THX!

Heinz

Mark A. Parsons

Jan 14, 2009, 4:36:35 PM1/14/09
Looks like the Users update trigger also makes a call to the sp_SendMsg stored proc.

Heinz Müller

Jan 15, 2009, 11:47:34 AM1/15/09

"Mark A. Parsons" <iron_horse@no_spamola.compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:496e5ae3$1@forums-1-dub...

> Looks like the Users update trigger also makes a call to the sp_SendMsg stored proc.

Mark,

that was the solution! In sp_SendMsg was an incorrect entry because someone has changed it a week ago
and because he is ill no one has recognize it!

THX a lot!!!

Heinz

Mark A. Parsons

Jan 15, 2009, 1:35:30 PM1/15/09