Is this an issue with the cake port or just an issue anyway ?

www.landed.at

Oct 28, 2009, 7:04:02 PM10/28/09
to SWX: The Native Data Format for Adobe Flash
I try this simple hello world service in my cakeswx build and I get
the explorer not working.
the error is thus

cake_root/app/controllers/hello_world.php
<?php

App::import('Vendor', 'cake_method_table', array('file' =>
"cakeswx".DS."php".DS."core".DS."amf".DS."util".DS."CakeMethodTable.php"));

class HelloWorld
{

function say($sMessage)
{
return 'You said: ' . $sMessage;
}
}
?>

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
errorID = 0
faultCode = "INVALID_AMF_MESSAGE"
faultDetail = "
Fatal error: Call to undefined method HelloWorld::constructClasses()
in W:\www\cake_1.2.5\vendors\cakeswx\php\core\shared\app
\CakeBasicActions.php on line 74
"
faultString = "Invalid AMF message"
message = "faultCode:INVALID_AMF_MESSAGE faultString:'Invalid AMF
message' faultDetail:'
Fatal error: Call to undefined method HelloWorld::constructClasses()
in W:\www\cake_1.2.5\vendors\cakeswx\php\core\shared\app
\CakeBasicActions.php on line 74
'"
name = "Error"

Ben Lagoutte

Oct 28, 2009, 10:36:09 PM10/28/09
to swx-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not too familiar with Cakeswx or Cake but this looks more like an
issue with cake...

shouldn't your HelloWorld class inherit from something like a
controller class? AppController in cake isn't it?

Ben

www.landed.at

Oct 31, 2009, 9:49:40 AM10/31/09
to SWX: The Native Data Format for Adobe Flash
in fact it did, but didnt change anything, but yes you right and i
agree that it sounds like a cake thing, but i did a fresh install then
install cakeswx...

I would like to know how i can just use this without a cake wrapper,
do i just put the install inside a vendors folder ? i think the
difference is that i would then call a service from a path in the
vendors folder, i.e. it wont be a part of the frame work...

thanks for answering my last email at least.

Ben Lagoutte

Nov 1, 2009, 5:20:32 PM11/1/09
to swx-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you mean you want to use swx without a cake controller ?

SWX itself doesn't require cake. What you're using the Cake SWX
wrapper, which is a side project by wouter (http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/cakeswxphp
) to allow swx calls through Cake.

If you want to use swx without cake try to get the latest swx version
from the svn (http://code.google.com/p/swx-format/source/checkout)
(the svn has a couple of fixes that the download beta1 hasn't so get
the svn copy).

You can deploy the swx server files in a separate sub folder on your
server alongside other things.

Have a look at the wiki for some info on how to use it..

Cheers
Ben

www.landed.at

Nov 2, 2009, 5:44:03 PM11/2/09
to SWX: The Native Data Format for Adobe Flash
Yes I have spent some time on it and its not working I think since
cake made some changes ? but in my first message I was saying that I
get this error

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
errorID = 0
faultCode = "INVALID_AMF_MESSAGE"
faultDetail = "
Fatal error: Call to undefined method HelloWorld::constructClasses()
in W:\www\cake_1.2.5\vendors\cakeswx\php\core\shared\app
\CakeBasicActions.php on line 74
"
faultString = "Invalid AMF message"
message = "faultCode:INVALID_AMF_MESSAGE faultString:'Invalid AMF
message' faultDetail:'
Fatal error: Call to undefined method HelloWorld::constructClasses()
in W:\www\cake_1.2.5\vendors\cakeswx\php\core\shared\app
\CakeBasicActions.php on line 74
'"
name = "Error"

thanks anyone...

On Nov 1, 10:20 pm, Ben Lagoutte <ben.lagou...@gozer.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,

Ben Lagoutte

Nov 3, 2009, 5:28:36 PM11/3/09
to swx-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The request seems to go through the cake routing. constructClasses is
a method that your HelloWorld class should inherit from the cake
controller class.

Again, I'm not familiar with the Cake implementation of swx. You might
want to ask Wouter directly on his website (http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/cakeswxphp
).

Cheers
Ben