SWX data file caching

Jake(Fiveht)

Aug 29, 2009, 3:07:11 PM8/29/09
to SWX: The Native Data Format for Adobe Flash
Has anyone though of/implemented something like this?

Would it even be worthwhile?
Currently I'm running a few sites that are hitting the swx class 30 to
40 thousand times a day and while the server handles it fine (thank
you cloud hosting) I'm thinking it could drastically reduce CPU time
if it just served up a cached swf file instead of rebuilding it with
every request.

Or is this impossible?

Thanks guys.

Ben Lagoutte

Aug 30, 2009, 7:02:43 PM8/30/09
to swx-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not sure what this would achieve.. as a service consumed by a
client it is meant to return the current status of the request, not a
cached version of a previous request..

Do you have any particular example in mind?

Ben

Fabricio S. Kolling - Dulldusk

Aug 31, 2009, 8:51:57 AM8/31/09
to swx-f...@googlegroups.com
It's not only possible, as it is one of the best uses for SWX.
For example, http://www.lojaodosmetais.com.br loads a site_data.swf at
startup that contains all the product catalogue.
All you gotta do is change SWX a little so that it saves the output SWF
to a file.
Then you load this SWF on your site and access the "result" attribute
inside it.

Fabricio S. Kolling

Jake(Fiveht)

Aug 31, 2009, 11:20:55 AM8/31/09
to SWX: The Native Data Format for Adobe Flash
This would be exactly what I'm talking about.