Re: meta-swupdate-boards quick fix

Stefano Babic

Oct 20, 2022, 6:40:52 AM10/20/22
to Darek Konopka, swup...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

On 20.10.22 06:47, Darek Konopka wrote:
> Hey sbabic,
>
> I pulled the meta-swupdate-boards repo, and just wanted to let you know
> that when you checkout kirkstone, the layer.conf does not mention it
> supports kirkstone.

Patches are well accepted, but they should be sent to SWUpdate's ML for
review.

> Whenever you get the chance, can you please change line 14 of the
> layer.conf to
> LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_swupdate-boards = "honister kirkstone"

You are patching -master. But then this should be compatible with
"langdale", or both "kirkstone langdale". honister has reached its EOL,
it could be dropped from -master.

Anyway, fix should be done for "kirkstone" branch as well.

> Or if you want it to match meta-swupdate,

Layers are independent, meta-swupdate has another story.

> then can you change it to:
> LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_swupdate = "dunfell hardknott honister kirkstone"

Please send the patch directly to ML, you can also just set "kirkstone
langdale" in the LAYERS_COMPAT.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

> Thanks so much!
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Darek Konopka

DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, 82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sba...@denx.de

TEXIER Pierre-Jean

Oct 20, 2022, 7:30:06 AM10/20/22
to Stefano Babic, Darek Konopka, swup...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

Le jeu. 20 oct. 2022 à 12:40, Stefano Babic <sba...@denx.de> a écrit :
Hi Derek,

On 20.10.22 06:47, Darek Konopka wrote:
> Hey sbabic,
>
> I pulled the meta-swupdate-boards repo, and just wanted to let you know
> that when you checkout kirkstone, the layer.conf does not mention it
> supports kirkstone.

Patches are well accepted, but they should be sent to SWUpdate's ML for
review.

> Whenever you get the chance, can you please change line 14 of the
> layer.conf to
> LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_swupdate-boards = "honister kirkstone"

You are patching -master. But then this should be compatible with
"langdale", or both "kirkstone langdale". honister has reached its EOL,
it could be dropped from -master.

Anyway, fix should be done for "kirkstone" branch as well.

Yes indeed, in fact you can apply the patch in [0] ;).

Regards
--
Pierre-Jean Texier

Stefano Babic

Oct 20, 2022, 7:35:22 AM10/20/22
to TEXIER Pierre-Jean, Darek Konopka, swup...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierre-Jean,

On 20.10.22 13:29, TEXIER Pierre-Jean wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Le jeu. 20 oct. 2022 à 12:40, Stefano Babic <sba...@denx.de
> <mailto:sba...@denx.de>> a écrit :
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/swupdate/patch/20220428153908.16...@gmail.com/ <https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/swupdate/patch/20220428153908.16...@gmail.com/>

Sorry, patch was set (by me) as "superseeded", and then forgotten.

I have applied it to both -kirkstone and -master, thanks !

Best regards,
Stefano

> Regards
> --
> Pierre-Jean Texier

TEXIER Pierre-Jean

Oct 20, 2022, 7:46:04 AM10/20/22
to Stefano Babic, Darek Konopka, swup...@googlegroups.com
Stefano,

Le jeu. 20 oct. 2022 à 13:35, Stefano Babic <sba...@denx.de> a écrit :
Sorry, patch was set (by me) as "superseeded", and then forgotten.

No problem, thanks !

Regards,
--
Pierre-Jean Texier

Stefano Babic

Oct 20, 2022, 7:56:05 AM10/20/22
to Darek Konopka, Stefano Babic, swup...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

On 20.10.22 13:46, Darek Konopka wrote:
> You guys are quick with this stuff, that’s awesome
> Also
> I’m bored and have worked with the layer for a bit now
> If I have questions can I ask you or should I be emailing
> swup...@googlegroups.com <mailto:swup...@googlegroups.com>?

Yes, and please never drop the ML in your answers. The mailing list is
the place for generic questions about SWUpdate. If someone has time and
knows the answer, you will get answer to your questions.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic