Missing Websocket Ping/Pong after Mongoose update

Brockmeyer, Michael

Jul 10, 2023, 4:11:43 AM7/10/23
to swup...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

after upgrading swupdate from 2022.05 to 2022.12, I realize that the websocket ping/pong mechanism isn’t started by the webserver.

We are using swupdate behind an nginx reverse proxy.

By default, nginx closes the open websocket connection after 60s.

From the documentation Module ngx_http_proxy_module (nginx.org):

Syntax:  proxy_connect_timeout time;

Default: proxy_connect_timeout 60s;

Context: http, server, location

Defines a timeout for establishing a connection with a proxied server. It should be noted that this timeout cannot usually exceed 75 seconds.

In the browser console I can see that the websocket connection is closed and reconnected each time the nginx has cut the connection.

Is it possible the enable the websocket ping/pong?

It seems to me that this feature has been dropped during the mongoose update?

Best regards,

Michael Brockmeyer

Kommanditgesellschaft - Sitz: Detmold - Amtsgericht Lemgo HRA 2790 -
Komplementärin: Weidmüller Interface Führungsgesellschaft mbH -
Sitz: Detmold - Amtsgericht Lemgo HRB 3924;
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Timo Berger, Volker Bibelhausen, Dr. Sebastian Durst, André Sombecki;
USt-ID-Nr. DE124599660