Game Status Update!

1 view

Artemis

Jun 24, 2007, 12:50:44 PM6/24/07
to Star Wars Sagas
The following is a message from Hades:

I know a lot of you have been wondering if we forgot about you - and
let me tell you, I am both impressed and amazed that you guys have
hung out w/ us while we tried to sort out what we wanted to do with
this game. I am also grateful, because quite frankly had you not shown
any interest, we'd probably abandon it. But, I have news on what we
intend to do and how we're going to go about it that I thought I would
share with you all, and encourage you to share with anyone you know
who did play here and liked it and might be interested in coming back.

When we originally opened the game, we had all worked on it for so
long with no feedback from players that we were getting burned out.
This led to us making the decision to open for players before many of
us felt we were truly ready - we were "ready enough". I would later
come to find out, we were not as ready as I thought. By not having all
of the systems and characters in place we wanted, we generated a lot
of requests and concerns from players. This is only natural, but
putting out those tiny little fires kept us from focusing on the huge
fires that were sending the sparks off in to the woods and causing
these little fires. It eventually became a situation where basically
all the admin did was deal with issues, questions, and concerns from
players - which on a normal game will take up the majority of our
time, but there has to be room for development and growth, or the game
stagnates.

Another unforeseen problem was the measure and magnitude to which
players spread out. It was a failing on our part, but although we
generated characters in groups - those groups didn't mingle as he had
hoped they would. Understandable, and we're going to make adjustments
an fix that.

Basically, after talking with my cohorts, we believe we can get this
game back online in about 60 days. I'll give you a more detailed
update on what changes we're making later as well as a firm grand re-
opening date. We will probably be re-rostering all characters during
this time as well, though you are -always- welcome to log in as
guests, and anyone who wishes their character back once we open will
of course be given them back. (Though, possibly altered as we will be
changing a lot of chars.) If you have any questions, comments, or
concerns - catch one of us online, usually we track the public
channel. If nobody responds, just put in a request and we'll get back
to you asap!