Materials

FistLaw

Aug 7, 2010, 1:18:40 PM8/7/10
to Swordtag
Where do you guys get that soft nerf like foam?
And for some reason my home depot in town. Has no fiber glass rods.
Can i use wood dowls instead?

Rix

Aug 21, 2010, 3:16:50 PM8/21/10
to Swordtag
The nerf like foam we have found at JoAnn and similar craft stores. It
can come in green and other colors. It can be expensive, so budget
accordingly.

The fiberglass rods - try other hardware stores such as menards, fleet
farm, hardware hank, etc. they are 4 feet long around here at fleet
farm. They are used for marking driveway entrances and property
lines.

Wood dowels crack under repeated pressure of blows during combat, and
so your weapon will lose its rigidity after that happens. That being
said, we used wood for years before finding fiberglass rods of the
appropriate style.

Allen Weeks

Aug 21, 2010, 8:14:53 PM8/21/10
to swor...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Rix. We used dowels, rulers, trim, you name it. Creativity and experimenting goes a long way...

Allen