Grooming at golf course?! Ask for it!

1 view

Dina Pesenson

Jan 9, 2024, 1:42:48 PMJan 9
to 1aMembersSWNSC, SWNSC Contacts
Hi all,

Los Alamos county golf course has equipment for grooming that they borrowed from our club as well as additional equipment they have purchased a couple of years ago because grooming the golf course was so exceedingly popular with the community.
They have snow now and perfect temperatures! It would probably encourage them to groom sooner if they new that folks would appreciate their efforts!

If you would like to, please consider sending a quick positive message to them about it. Emails/people we recommend contacting listed at bottom.
I'm happy to provide talking points if you need them - just let me know. In short, grooming the golf course provides an easier and safer skiing option that is closer to work/home/school and will result in getting more people and families active outside more frequently (and great PR for the county recreation dept!)

Send your email to:
--Mike Lippatt (Golf Course manager) mike.l...@lacnm.us
--Katherine Hudspeth (Re Superintendent) katherine...@lacnm.us
and CC
--Parks and Rec board p...@lacnm.us
(this board is also having their monthly meeting this Thu at 5:30pm at the Council Chambers - if you are up for it, it's always great to zoom in to that hybrid meeting or attend in person and make a public comment about the fact that the community would really appreciate grooming at the golf course - there is space for public comment on non-agenda items at the start of the meeting right at 5:30 so you could be in/out of there in 10min total).

It would be so fun to have some skiing options on the golf course! Last time the county did this we had folks meeting up for dinner and drinks at the club house afterwards, it was very neat and definitely got a lot more folks out skiing!
dina