Save the Date - February 26th - 7:00 p.m. SWNA Neighborhood Meeting

Janice Tocher

Feb 13, 2024, 7:03:24 PMFeb 13
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, John Morgan, Tommy Smith, Amy Bliss
Greetings Neighbors!

As you may remember, our January neighborhood meeting was postponed due to weather. Put Monday, February 26th on your calendar and join your neighbors for a meet and greet with supper, information AND fun!

The program will be the same - Our membership committee has a great evening planned for us with guest speakers Tommy Smith, Knoxville Vice Mayor and our 1st District Representative, giving us an update on what to expect for 2024 and Debbie Sharp, Knoxville Neighborhood Coordinator and SWNA board member, telling us about all the Office of Neighborhood Empowerment (ONE) programs.

We’ll also hear from our Knoxville City Police liaison and our committee chairs will give us updates on what happening in their committee.

Be thinking about what future speakers, programs, and projects for the group. There will be time to share you’re ideas. Come be a part of planning projects that interest you!

Be sure to come hungry… we’ll have pinto beans and cornbread (including meatful, vegan and gluten-free options). Enjoy a bowl of comfort food with your neighbors.

Look forward to seeing you on the 26th!

Cheers!
Janice Tocher, SWNA President

Phone: 865-661-1685

Feb 2024 Meeting Flyer.pdf

sylviaw...@aol.com

Feb 14, 2024, 12:34:03 AMFeb 14
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.  Remind me again about the SWNA literature that should be in the welcome bags for new members or prospects.  I want to make sure I get everything included.  Will our new membership cards be available so we can make out ahead of time or have ready for new payments.  Dale told me that he had taken a membership for 2024 via dquare, I think, but I do not remember who it was and I do not think we have started a 2024 accounting.,
Sylvia

--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
---

NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
---

Janice Tocher

Feb 25, 2024, 1:35:01 PMFeb 25
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, John Morgan, Tommy Smith, Woodlawn Christian Church
Greetings Neighbors!

A reminder that SWNA neighbors are meeting tomorrow night @ 7:00.

 Our membership committee has a great evening planned for us with guest speakers Tommy Smith, Knoxville Vice Mayor and our 1st District Representative, giving us an update on what to expect for 2024 and Debbie Sharp, Knoxville Neighborhood Coordinator and SWNA board member, telling us about all the Office of Neighborhood Empowerment (ONE) programs.

We’ll also hear from our Knoxville City Police liaison and our committee chairs will give us updates on what happening in their committee.

Be thinking about what future speakers, programs, and projects for the group. There will be time to share your ideas. Come be a part of planning projects that interest you!

A few other items on the agenda:

  • Review of our last meeting minutes - thanks to Debbie Sharp for filling in for our secretary who was ill. Debbie sent them right after out November meeting, but you can review them here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/14HJfN8HU3GbVj5K6ijiRqxf6ERWHxuPm/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=110291833122990423110&rtpof=true&sd=true
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Vote on whether to remain a member of SKNBC and vote on member representation. Membership cost is $25/year. More information about SKNBC here: SKNBC.org
  • Selection of Nominating Committee - our annual elections are in March. We need a couple people to help identify individuals who would like to serve on the board and as officers.

Be sure to come hungry… we’ll have pinto beans and cornbread (including meatful, vegan and gluten-free options). Enjoy a bowl of comfort food with your neighbors.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Feb 2024 Meeting Flyer.pdf