SWNA Membership Meeting - next Monday

1 view

Janice Tocher

Nov 21, 2022, 11:13:52 AMNov 21
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Tommy Smith, Trevor Orr, John Morgan, Kinsey Simmerman, Amy Bliss, Amy Bliss
Greetings neighbors!

Our bi-monthly membership meeting will be next Monday, 7:00 @ Woodlawn Christian Church.

Come hear Kinsey Simmerman, Knox County Health Department Physical Activity Health Educator, tell us about exciting potential developments at Sam Duff Park, including free fitness classes.
You can go here to participate in a survey: http://s.alchemer.com/s3/ Sam-Duff-Park-Survey

We will also hear from Officer John Morgan who will tell us a bit about the new structure for the Knoxville Police Department and how it affects our neighborhood. Tommy Smith, our 1st District Council Representative will be on hand to give us the State of the 1st District report and take questions.

You will hear from chairs of our various committees including a potential traffic calming committee. Come learn more about these committees and their work and get involved if their work is of interest.

Our November membership meetings are traditionally light on meeting and heavy on food and socializing! Come and enjoy a hearty bowl comfort food - soup and fixings. We’ll have also have vegetarian and vegan options.

Do you have a new neighbor or, you have moved to our neighborhood recently? SWNA has welcome bags full of information about SWNA and South Knoxville - come to the meeting or send an email to in...@swna-knox.org to let us know about new neighbors.

Finally, November kicks off our annual poinsettia fund raiser. We will have plants available for sale at our November meeting. If you want to pick one up at the meeting, let us know the size and color and well make sure we have one ready for you. You can also pay online with credit card here: https://south-woodlawn-neighborhood-association.square.site/poinsettias

Looking forward to seeing you next Monday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day of giving thanks!
Janice Tocher

Phone: 865-661-1685

SWNA Nov 2022 Meeting Flyer.pdf
SWNA 2022 Poinsettia Order Form.pdf

Janice Tocher

Nov 27, 2022, 5:53:39 PM (10 days ago) Nov 27
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Tommy Smith, Trevor Orr, John Morgan, Kinsey Simmerman, Amy Bliss, Amy Bliss
Greetings neighbors,

A reminder that our membership meeting is tomorrow night - remember to come hungry!! We’ve got some mighty good cooks in our ‘hood and they’re cooking up some comfort food - soup ’n fixings - for our meeting tomorrow.

Attached is secretary’s report from our July meeting that the membership needs to vote to approve. Our treasurer will give his report at the meeting.

Agenda is below.

Cheers!
Janice

Phone: 865-661-1685

============

  • Welcome
  • Special Update from Officer John Morgan: new structure for the Knoxville Police Department and how it affects our neighborhood.
  • Police Report: KPD Officer Trevor Orr
  • State of the 1st District: City Council Rep Tommy Smith
  • Kinsey Simmerman, Knox County Health Department Physical Activity Health Educator: potential developments at Sam Duff Park, including free fitness classes.
  • Secretary Report: Tim Saults
  • Treasurer Report: Dale Grubbs
  • Poinsettia Fund-raiser
  • Traffic Calming – set a date for initial committee meeting. Initial meeting will designate committee chair and explore options.
  • SWNA Committee Overview:
    • Membership: Sylvia Woods
    • Wildlife Habitats of South Woodlawn: Debbie Sharp
    • School Outreach: Nancy Lindemer
    • Friends of Sam Duff Park: Debbie Helsley
    • Sign Committee: Raymond Aldridge
  • Announcements
  • Adjourn

--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
---