Fw: Maternity Leave - Traffic Calming

Tim Saults

Apr 5, 2024, 5:30:52 PMApr 5
to Association Neighborhood

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Hayley Howard <hho...@knoxvilletn.gov>
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2024 at 10:30:07 AM EDT
Subject: Maternity Leave - Traffic Calming

Dear Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program Participant,

I’m sending this email to inform you that I will be out on maternity leave beginning mid-to-late April, and I plan to return to work on Monday, July 8.

My maternity leave will NOT have an impact on your participation in the Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program (NTSP).

Please read below for information about how to navigate the weeks I am gone.

If you were in the process of gathering petitions, I will review them when I return to work. Speed studies do not take place over the summer when school is out of session. Therefore, it will be the fall before the study is scheduled.

If you were waiting for speed study results, I will provide them to you when I return to work. At that time, if the team can justify moving the group forward to concept planning, Transportation Engineering will begin drafting your plan.

If you were waiting on your draft concept plan and need to schedule a Draft Concept Plan Meeting, I will begin scheduling those when I return to work. There is no need to rush to schedule these meetings. After the meeting, the next step in the process is to get approvals for the exact locations of the devices. Unfortunately, we are likely looking at 2026-2027 for construction unless we receive more funding for the program. I know this is not ideal, and I am sorry this process takes so long.

If you are in the process of finalizing your concept plan and you have already had a meeting, send me an email with any adjustments that need to be made to the plan, or let me know if you get approvals for all of the locations and no changes need to be made.

The following groups will receive traffic calming this construction season (summer through late fall):

·         Croydon Rd. 2024

·         Lake Forest Neighborhood Association 2024

·         Historic Sutherland Heights Neighborhood Association 2024

·         Westmoreland Heights Homeowners Association 2024

·         Pond Gap Area Neighborhood Association 2024

·         Forestdale Ave. and Glendale Dr. 2024

I hope all goes well and there are no issues, but if a placement is wrong, or a problem arises during construction, please let Cody Gentry know ASAP. His email address is cage...@knoxvilletn.gov. Transportation Engineering will need to know as soon as possible so they can reach out to the contractor.

If there is an update on your project, I’ll let you know before I am out on leave. If you do not hear from me, it is because there is no update.

Thank you for all you do to make your community safer.

Best,

Hayley Howard

Assistant Neighborhood Coordinator

Office:  865-215-2113