South High Rezoning - SKNBC response

Janice Tocher

Apr 28, 2023, 11:03:15 AM4/28/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Tommy Smith
Greetings neighbors,

Last night, by unanimous vote, the South Knoxville Neighborhood & Business Coalition voted to send city council a letter in opposition to the responding of the South High property. The attached letter explains the reasoning behind this opposition.

While SKNBC supports the vital services Helen Ross McNabb Center provides and recognizes that more treatment facilities are needed to address substance abuse issues, it is NOT appropriate to locate this facility in the most central core of a community neighborhood.

For 30 years Lindbergh Forest has been fighting to keep South High zoned residential. Let's help them keep this property residential.

If you are in agreement with SKNBC’s position, please contact City Council by phone or email with your thoughts on this rezoning.

Also, there’s strength in numbers, please make plans to attend the May 16th City Council meeting where this item will be heard. City Council starts at 6:00 p.m. in the Main Assembly Room at the City County Building. Please reply if you would like to go but need a ride.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Tommy Smith - email: tsm...@knoxvilletn.gov; phone: (865) 567-6211‬.

Cheers!
Janice

South High Rezoning - SKNBC response.pdf

Janice Tocher

May 13, 2023, 1:00:13 PM5/13/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Tommy Smith, Kelley DeLuca
Greetings Neighbors,

Last month, I had sent a notice about the potential rezoning of the South High property. SKNBC opposes this rezoning as do many South Knoxville neighbors. This item will be before City Council this Tuesday - May 16h.

For 30 years Lindbergh Forest has been fighting to keep the South High property zoned residential. Let's help them keep this property residential and show up the City Council meeting. Let’s fill the room showing South Knoxvillians care about our community and oppose inappropriate zoning in our neighborhoods!

Here’s a link to the Council agenda for more information.

The Council meeting starts at 6:00 and you can park for free at the Dwight Kessel garage or in the surface lot behind the city/county building.

If you’ve never attended a city council meeting, you may want to consider coming to this one. Consider it a civics class! Always interesting to hear how decisions are made by our elected representatives.

If you would like to go but need a ride, please eval me directly and we’ll arrange a carpool.

Cheers!
Janice

Phone: 865-661-1685

Nancy Lindemer

May 13, 2023, 3:00:20 PM5/13/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
 After texting the council members I heard back from a couple who are against the rezoning.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 13, 2023, at 1:00 PM, Janice Tocher <jto...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Greetings Neighbors,
--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
---