Two SWNA-related events this weekend.

Janice Tocher

Apr 20, 2023, 10:08:50 AM4/20/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn
Oh, this weekend is full of fun things to do in Knoxville!

Two Saturday events that directly relate to SWNA…

From 9:00 - 11:30… Baker Creek Cleanup
It is time for our annual Baker Creek Cleanup that we plan during Keep Knoxville Beautiful's South Knoxville Clean Up.

Meet at South Doyle Middle Schools' Decatur entrance at the Baker Creek side. We will sign in, get supplies, and start picking up trash in and around the Urban Wilderness Gateway Park.

In the past 10-12 years that we have done this, we have notice the area get cleaner and cleaner....what a wonderful thing.

From noon - 2:00... Roots in South Knoxville Spring Fling
in the Dogwood Elementary School Parking Lot

There will be children's activities, food trucks, guided hikes, educational booths, free book giveaway, and more! You know you want to come to this event!

SWNA will have an Outdoor Plant & Seed share at the fling. Feel free to bring plants to share AND take some for your own yard. NOTE: you do NOT have to bring plants to take plants.

Hope to see you at one of these events!

Cheers!
Janice Tocher

Phone: 865-661-1685

Janice Tocher

Apr 20, 2023, 10:44:31 AM4/20/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn
Sorry for the extra email!

We will be meeting for the Baker Creek Cleanup at 9:30 - not 9:00.

On Apr 20, 2023, at 10:08 AM, Janice Tocher <jto...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Oh, this weekend is full of fun things to do in Knoxville!

Two Saturday events that directly relate to SWNA…

From 9:30 - 11:30… Baker Creek Cleanup
It is time for our annual Baker Creek Cleanup that we plan during Keep Knoxville Beautiful's South Knoxville Clean Up.

Meet at South Doyle Middle Schools' Decatur entrance at the Baker Creek side. We will sign in, get supplies, and start picking up trash in and around the Urban Wilderness Gateway Park.

In the past 10-12 years that we have done this, we have notice the area get cleaner and cleaner....what a wonderful thing.

From noon - 2:00... Roots in South Knoxville Spring Fling
in the Dogwood Elementary School Parking Lot

There will be children's activities, food trucks, guided hikes, educational booths, free book giveaway, and more! You know you want to come to this event!

SWNA will have an Outdoor Plant & Seed share at the fling. Feel free to bring plants to share AND take some for your own yard. NOTE: you do NOT have to bring plants to take plants.

Hope to see you at one of these events!

Cheers!
Janice Tocher

Phone: 865-661-1685

<Roots-in-South-Knoxville-2023.jpg>

--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
---