Data Visualization Search

spaceman

Mar 14, 2007, 5:31:28 PM3/14/07
to Swivel Data
I've created a custom search engine for Data Visualization related
stuff @ http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=015508547728725058312%3Ae72-8qt96bi&hl=en

I'd like to invite all swivelers to contribute interesting and
relevant links and resources.

Thanks!

br...@swivel.com

Mar 27, 2007, 6:36:40 PM3/27/07
to Swivel Data
it doesn't seem to include results from Swivel. for example this
search on normal Google:

highest paid athletes

currently returns Swivel as the 4th hit overall.

but on the custom search Swivel does not return at all.

On Mar 14, 2:31 pm, "spaceman" <arun.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a custom search engine for Data Visualization related

> stuff @http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=015508547728725058312%3Ae72-8qt96bi...

spaceman

Mar 28, 2007, 3:42:02 PM3/28/07
to Swivel Data
Hi there.Thanks for the feedback.
I've added Swivel to the search engine, however I'm trying to be
careful to keep the engine as relevant as possible by including only
very specific and credible sources and keep most of commercial stuff
out. But I just came to some realization, thanks to your suggestion :
In my mind I was trying to keep the search engine limited to data
visualization related subjects, however including Swivel changes this
to also add "visualized data" to the search space. This really opens
up things and I'm really excited about it.
Thanks again.

ps: please feel free to sign up as a contributor and add any other
links/blogs that you think are relevant.

br...@swivel.com

Mar 28, 2007, 3:48:10 PM3/28/07
to Swivel Data
cool. i just signed up to volunteer.

dmi...@swivel.com

Mar 28, 2007, 4:10:24 PM3/28/07
to Swivel Data
I signed up a couple days ago, do I need to go through an approval?
What's the next step?

spaceman

Mar 28, 2007, 4:33:09 PM3/28/07
to Swivel Data
I just added you as a contributor.
Thanks for signing up.

Dmitry Dimov

Mar 28, 2007, 5:07:27 PM3/28/07
to swive...@googlegroups.com
Thanks spaceman, took me a while to figure out what I can actually do as a contributor. I went to my account - Co-op My Search Engines - Data Visualization Search and then I see that I can add new sites to the engine. Should've read the manual :)