Some Time Series data set collections

Mike

Feb 13, 2007, 1:33:12 PM2/13/07
to Swivel Data
http://www-personal.buseco.monash.edu.au/~hyndman/TSDL/
http://www-personal.buseco.monash.edu.au/~hyndman/forecasting/gotodata.htm
http://www-personal.buseco.monash.edu.au/~hyndman/TSDL/other.html

Also, some of these sites link to other good data. It's intended for
academic use, so it's more "raw". Also, remember to give proper
citation because academics get really nit-picky about that.

Happy Swiveling!
-Mike

Dmitry Dimov

Feb 13, 2007, 4:58:34 PM2/13/07
to swive...@googlegroups.com
Looks like most of this data is in positional format that Swivel doesn't understand yet. What you can do for now is download the file and open it in Excel and go through the import dialog. Make sure you select the 'Fixed Width' option and double-check that it found the columns correctly. You can then copy and paste the data into Swivel, or save the file as CSV and import it into Swivel.

Michael Chongpornprasert

Feb 14, 2007, 2:47:07 AM2/14/07
to swive...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. For the .DAT format, I usually just open it with Excel or Notepad and paste it in Excel as text. I've also found a lot of the data are just numbers, so you don't know what time a data point corresponds to or what units something is measured by the file itself. You would have to look at the title and/or description before the link.