Passenger Manifests?

Jon Calon

May 20, 2017, 12:43:16 AM5/20/17
to SwitchList
Hey,

Just downloaded SwitchList, and am busy getting stuff loaded into it.

My layout is full basement of the Esquimalt & Nanaimo - a really large switching layout in a lot of respects with not a lot of traffic, but what is there is all manifest so the switch list generation is quite important to me and JMRI Ops looks to be quite a pain to get setup.  So far, this is looking really good!

One of the trains on the layout is the daily Rail Diesel Car which provides the passenger service on the railway, and I'm looking at SwitchList as being able to generate a Passenger Manifest - the E&N is flagstop heavy, so there's not always business at every stop on the layout, and was thinking that SwitchList might be able to help generate a random passenger manifest of sorts.

The question I've got is whether I would actually need to input some 89 "cars" to represent the passengers?  Any other "gotchas" that anyone else might foresee on trying to do this?  (I've entered the flagstops and depots, labelling them as "industries" that accept and deliver the cargo "PAX"...  Of course, these industries load and unload their cargo in lightning speed.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Jon

Gene Kruger

May 20, 2017, 9:50:03 PM5/20/17
to SwitchList
Funny! I was just trying to set something similar up in my switchlist. First thing I had to do was setup passenger platforms at each town. Then I had to make sure the various freight trains did not include the passenger railcar in their manifests... thats as far as I got today.