Blank Cargo Report

Michael Anteau

Oct 30, 2017, 10:10:54 AM10/30/17
to SwitchList
After messing around with Switchlist for several years, I finally ran an operating session on my layout last weekend (solo)!  It went great, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use this method over car cards.

One thing I discovered today is that when I run a Cargo Report, the report is blank.  I get the description of the report at the top and the list of things to look for.  But there is no table and no data.  Do I need to do something extra for cargos to show up on this report?  Or is there something possibly messed up?  All other reports run and are correct.  Only the Cargo Report is blank.

I am running version 1.3.2 on a MacBook Air.

Michael

Robert Bowdidge

Oct 31, 2017, 1:27:26 AM10/31/17
to switc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Michael,

> On Oct 30, 2017, at 7:10 AM, Michael Anteau <antea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I discovered today is that when I run a Cargo Report, the report is blank. I get the description of the report at the top and the list of things to look for. But there is no table and no data. Do I need to do something extra for cargos to show up on this report? Or is there something possibly messed up? All other reports run and are correct. Only the Cargo Report is blank.

Sounds like the Switchlist program hiccuped. Can you send me a copy of your layout file? I'm guessing there's something that's causing the program to get confused and give up showing the table.

Thanks,

Robert

Michael Anteau

Oct 31, 2017, 8:30:43 AM10/31/17
to switc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,
Sure, here's a copy of the file.  Thank you so much for your help!
Michael

Nicholas and Ashley Creek.swl

Robert Bowdidge

Nov 1, 2017, 2:02:03 AM11/1/17
to switc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Michael,

If you retype the abbreviations of the car types in the Car Types window, the Cargo Report will work. Somehow, the car types ended up getting the letter, followed by a newline, and that messes up the stuff for drawing the cargo report.

I'll also make a change SwitchList so it'll automatically fix this.

Robert
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to switchlist+...@googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> <Nicholas and Ashley Creek.swl>

Mog

Jun 3, 2018, 4:14:55 PM6/3/18
to SwitchList
I have the same problem. Really find the cargo report essential for planning our freemo ops.. I've tried re-typing the car types.. using v 1.3.2 Any other ideas?

thanks Martin

Robert Bowdidge

Jun 3, 2018, 4:15:37 PM6/3/18
to switc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Martin,

Send me a copy of your layout file, and I'll check it out.

Robert