Re: Digest for switchlist@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Gene Kruger

Jun 8, 2017, 10:05:36 PM6/8/17
to switc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rob..that sorted it out...I feel like a fool, 1 zero was the difference..my poor eyesight was the issue.

Cheers
Gene

On Jun 8, 2017, at 9:31 PM, switc...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Gene Kruger <gene...@gmail.com>: Jun 07 09:21PM -0700

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1OqVPVXOrHs/WTjQq5strYI/AAAAAAAAE5o/MiD7bNlL63YcHXpw1PCuOP90gIBFqmn-QCLcB/s1600/fullsizeoutput_efb.jpeg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1OqVPVXOrHs/WTjQq5strYI/AAAAAAAAE5o/MiD7bNlL63YcHXpw1PCuOP90gIBFqmn-QCLcB/s1600/fullsizeoutput_efb.jpeg>
I understood all that Rob but it wasn't the problem. like I
said...connecting the iPad was simple but the phone, which has WiFi
connectivity to my Mac just isn't connecting,

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 1:46:51 AM UTC-4, Robert Bowdidge wrote:
Robert Bowdidge <rwbow...@gmail.com>: Jun 07 09:54PM -0700

Hi, Gene,

Ah, the screenshot makes all the difference.

Try 10.0.1.7:20000 (twenty thousand), not 10.0.1.7:2000 (two thousand).

The first part of that number you type in to view a switch list is the internet address for your computer: 10.0.1.7. The second number, 20000, is a port on that computer - think of it kind of like a plug on a telephone switchboard - that allows the computer to be listening for connections from all sorts of places at once. SwitchList asks for that port number by default (though it'll keep looking if that one's already being used by another program.)

Changing the default port to 19876 would make it a lot easier to copy over; I'll see about doing that.

Robert