Hello everyone

1 view

ric

Mar 22, 2010, 10:39:45 AM3/22/10
to Swiss MakerBot Crew
I commented this last week on the makerbot blog regarding the Zürich
meetup:

"My names ric and I work for an anonymous company based in Basel
developing resins in Basel for Stereolithography (anonymous for
reasons explained later). I’d love to meet anybody from Switzerland as
I think I’ve something to add to the community – 3 huge 3D system
stereolithography printers. These machines have a lot of downtime and
I would love to help you build accurate large parts for your machines
and I want nothing in exchange for them; but this is why my company
shall remain anonymous – as I don’t think they would be too happy
about me using their materials or printers for free.
I don’t think I can make this meetup tonight but please post here or
get in touch and I would love to meetup another time."

And so I was delighted to be contacted by Ferdi last week. He
suggested I post a message here to introduce myself and told me about
your occasional meetups.

My offer still stands and I'm happy to bring some example parts of
what we build if you guys did want to meet.
I have to apologise now that even though I've lived in Basel for a
couple of years my German still sucks so can only communicate in
English.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

ric

Ferdi

Mar 25, 2010, 9:38:36 AM3/25/10
to Swiss MakerBot Crew
Hey, ric!

I had a meeting with our Makerbot group yesterday and they were very
interested in your offer! We're now thinking about building a RepRap
Mendel Robot (http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel). There we would need some
help printing the parts (that would take very long on our Makerbot)...
We still have to discuss the details (as we need other parts and
electronics too and will have to organize some money for that ;-)).
Anyway, this is just an update on our discussion.

Thx,
Ferdi

Richard Perry

Mar 25, 2010, 9:56:42 AM3/25/10
to swiss-mak...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Well keep in the loop, I'm sure I can help out with the printing and maybe in other ways.

I'm on facebook if that's an easier way to stay in touch.
ric
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to swiss-makerbot-crew+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Ferdi

Mar 25, 2010, 10:08:42 AM3/25/10
to Swiss MakerBot Crew
Sure, Facebook is cool, you can find me as "Adam Dinn Rinne Fender",
it's an anagram of my real name... ;-)