The metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs invites you to join—or renew—with an annual paid membership!
Although we haven't asked people to pay dues since the pandemic began, we are still offering exclusive benefits to SWINY members including exclusive job listings and free access to Elsevier’s ScienceDirect!
As you know we've been conducting interviews since the start of the pandemic with journalists, authors, scientists and researchers. We will continue doing them and will add other events, including a panel on how to get published. The interviews are on on SWINY’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ScienceWritersNYC
Recent interviews included:
- Ryan Prior, author of The Long Haul: Solving the Puzzle of the Pandemic’s Long Haulers and How They Are Changing Healthcare;
- New York Times science reporter Apoorva Mandavilli;
- Paul J. Zak, author of Immersion: The Science of the Extraordinary and the Source of Happiness;
- Dr. Stephen S. Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, who spoke about the recent monkeypox outbreak;
- Dr. Jamie K. Reaser, senior scientist & project director, Smithsonian National Zoological Park & Conservation Biology Institute, about land use change and why protecting and restoring ecological systems is fundamental to preventing future pandemic; and
- Dr. John Moore of Weill Cornell Medicine, about what to expect this fall and winter regarding COVID and how effective boosters will be or if we need them.
Electronic payments via PayPal Checkout are preferred, but we will accept checks. More information at this link: https://www.swiny.org/join-swiny/
Your membership keeps SWINY vital—and we thank you!
Happy holidays and stay safe!
The SWINY Board