Lunch with an astronaut

1 view

David Levine

Apr 27, 2016, 11:55:43 AM4/27/16
to swiny-...@googlegroups.com, Swiny Talk
I received this e-mail from Kimberly Arms of the Children's Museum of Minneapolis. She is inviting 6-7 journalists to have lunch with astronaut  David Wolf on May 4th or 5th depending on what works well for people. Please get back to me if you can make it or suggest colleagues who could. Should be fun.

David
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear David:

I’m reaching out to you regarding an astronaut who is helping us recreate portions of the International Space Station. Dr. David Wolf will be traveling with me to NY just in time for the first-ever National Astronauts Day on May 5. We’ll actually be there May 4 & 5 and I was hoping you could suggest some journalists who may be interested in meeting with us to talk more about this story.

Dr. David Wolf is an astronaut who helped build the International Space Station (ISS) and was in charge of EVA’s (extravehicular activity & space walks) for years. He’s conducted seven space walks himself, lived on MIR as well as the ISS. Now, he’s inspiring the next generation. Here’s how:  Beyond Space Ship Earth is a unique experience which will help families understand what it’s really like to live and work in space. Ironically, this will all take place at the world’s largest children’s museum (The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, which continues to be ranked #1 in the nation as a children’s museum as well as science center – it’s about 500,000 square feet with 120,000 artifacts and 1.25 million visitors per year from across the country).

We will also soon open a one-of-a-kind planetarium and space object theater in which the Liberty Bell 7 (second manned space capsule) will rise and lower on a pedestal during a planetarium film about the capsule – imagine feeling as though you’re floating alongside the LB7 while watching a film about it.

It’s all about inspiring the next generation of space explorers (who will likely travel to Mars)!

I’d appreciate your assistance.

Thank you so much,

Kim

Kimberly Harms
Director Media Public Relations

The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
P. O. Box 3000 | Indianapolis, IN 46206-3000
Office: 317-334-4003 | Cell: 317-809-5203
ki...@childrensmuseum.org
www.childrensmuseum.org