Group Tags

1 view

jmeosbn

Nov 5, 2014, 9:56:14 AM11/5/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
I've converted the categories recently added, into tags.  This is mainly as the group doesn't show any posts until you choose a category, while using tags you get the option to narrow the view, but are shown all posts by default.

To try to replicate a categorised system, I've set that a new post created in the group must have a tag assigned (I'm assuming emails get past this?) and up to two tags can be added. Also, I've left the default that only suggested tags can be used.

If any of these should be changed, please let me know - the main issue I see if that the UI doesn't make it obvious that you need to add a tag, until you try to post and get an error (which is bad UX - especially for new users).

Robert Longbottom

Nov 5, 2014, 10:01:23 AM11/5/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
That certainly looks better on the web interface.

Since I mainly use email to read and send, I'm hoping that it lets (new) emails in without a tag as well.

jmeosbn .

Nov 5, 2014, 10:06:51 AM11/5/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I use email too - so I'm mainly concerned with the group looking dead!

I'd think it'd be useful if you could tag an email by using something in the subject line - but if it breaks making new topics by email then that'd probably rule out the tag system..

I see some recent uncategorised topics that must have been emailed, so I'm hoping the same is true of tags.  Anyone have a new topic to email in?

Jamie Osborne

Robert Longbottom