USB to serial solutions

Joe Keaveney

Sep 11, 2015, 5:20:13 AM9/11/15
to swindon-hackspace
Hi guys, back with more questions to draw upon your experience!

I've made a timing board for RC car racing, which uses an Arduino Uno as the controller (input via serial through USB then processing of the input and output to TPIC6B595s for LED segment control)

Anyway, I'm at the stage now where I want to make a PCB for it, and ideally I would like to do the USB to serial part of this on the PCB. I'd like to stay away from SMT devices if at all possible as my soldering isn't quite up to SMT. Any suggestions?

I'm using 123d Circuits for the PCB design by the way.

Cheers

Joe

Damian Axford

Sep 11, 2015, 5:44:46 AM9/11/15
to swindon-hackspace
Hi Joe

this design looks a good place to start:

It uses a pth USB connector...

thanks