Merry Ogg-tober!

swindon-hackspace

Oct 2, 2015, 5:00:58 PM10/2/15
to swindon-hackspace
Hello everyone,

It's October again and as we've all been good boys and girls, there will again be an OggCamp this year. It's on the weekend of Oct 31st and Nov 1st and ticketing is now open.

The bad news is that it's returned to Liverpool - which is less than ideal for us southerners!

We had a great weekend last year and those who went of with the hackspace did a grand job during the two day hardware jam (that is part of the event, along with the talks).

Now we're getting familiar with presenting at these kinds of events, and have LogoBots and other-bots to show, it'd be a shame not to represented again at this important (and free/libre!) meeting of makers and open culture advocates.

Due to the distance this year, I thought it'd be an idea to post who plans to go and what their situation is - so we can organise; I imagine if any of us go there'll be a mix of people going for just one day or the whole weekend.

Jamie

jmeosbn

Oct 2, 2015, 5:02:55 PM10/2/15
to swindon-hackspace, swindon-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to go - for either day, or the whole weekend.

I'm looking for anyone who wants to lift share or fancies riding up on the train.

Jamie

Damian Axford

Oct 5, 2015, 6:15:20 AM10/5/15
to swindon-hackspace
sorry... no can do this year, although happy to provide bots, etc for demo purpose :)

Jamie Osborne

Oct 9, 2015, 10:21:12 PM10/9/15
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
Damn.. Seriously, is no one interested in attending this awesome (and pay-what-you-want) open-source/open-culture event?

Last year was great - I missed loads as usual - and I'm sure this year will be at least as great. No doubt there will be many awesome talks - both pre-planned and elected - as well as the hardware jam, of which we were part of last year, featuring stands by various makerspaces and the likes of event sponsors Linux Voice and Ubuntu/Canonical.

Great enough in fact that I'm considering getting the train up[1] - but not quite so great[2] that I fancy going on me todd!

[1] and this is from the seemingly lone audience member rocking iDevices at a "libre" event last year - you Linux evangelists should be ashamed!

[2] this is really a failing of mine - and trains - not OggCamp! ;)

Jamie