Launch/Open Weekend - Apr 30th - May 2nd 2016

swindon-makerspace

Apr 14, 2016, 9:42:17 AM4/14/16
to swindon-makerspace
Hi All

It's been decidedly quiet around here (not), as we've been busy sawing, drilling, inventing and generally having a whale of a time building the Makerspace.

We've now got all the major requirements in place: Wifi/Internet, Power, Lighting, Desks, Chairs, Benches, Stools, Many Whiteboards, Storage, TV, Projector and Screen, Access Control, Kitchenette and even a Sofa, if all that sounded tiring!  Hopefully you've been following our progress on the blog, or on Facebook and watching the many progress photos that we’ve been sharing, tweeting and blogging.

If you're itching to come and see for yourself, now is the time to do so!   Our regular Wednesday open evening has returned to normal (i.e. general making/hacking), and as a special celebration, we're holding an Open(ing) Weekend on the early May Day bank holiday (30th Apr - 2nd May), all three days, from 10am to 4pm.

We'll have tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks.   Visitors will be able to play the new Beat the Geek games, trying to beat our scores at some games we've made.  Alongside we'll have demonstrations of how to make the games (3D printing, electronics, robotics, etc), and sign-up sheets for workshops.

We also have the Mayor of Swindon coming along for a launch ceremony at 2pm on the Saturday, accompanied by local media - it would be great to see as many of you as possible for the associated photo opportunities :)

For any questions, feedback, donations, etc - please get in touch via:Hope to see you all at the new space soon!
Thanks
Jess, James, Damian, Steve, and Rob