LogoBot - photos/video

Damian Axford

Aug 10, 2015, 8:08:16 AM8/10/15
to swindon-hackspace
Hi All

I'd like to start collating photography (and video) of LogoBot ready for Bristol and general promo activity...  I'm thinking a new Group on Flickr and a playlist on youtube.  Both to isolate from the general hackspace stuff, and to allow people outside the hackspace to contribute.

thoughts?

Robert Longbottom

Aug 10, 2015, 8:27:58 AM8/10/15
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com

Yeah good plan.  I can upload any photos I can find to flickr easily enough and create a playlist in the hackspace YouTube channel if you want (since I seem to have split the videos I've uploaded between there and my own channel.)

Damian Axford

Aug 10, 2015, 8:34:33 AM8/10/15
to swindon-hackspace
cool and yes please for the youtube playlist

I'll go setup a Flickr group

Damian Axford

Aug 10, 2015, 8:53:29 AM8/10/15
to swindon-hackspace

Robert Longbottom

Aug 10, 2015, 9:23:06 AM8/10/15
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com

Photo spammed the flickr group after spending far too long looking for the flickr upload button in the android app! :-)

YouTube playlist created under the Hackspace channel and some videos added: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYuoVOMOzIhp9adQuXN-J07fskV5hSPBj

Damian Axford

Aug 10, 2015, 10:41:49 AM8/10/15
to swindon-hackspace
good man :)

I've updated the git readme to link to flickr/youtube.

Been thinking about PR for LogoBot...  good topic for a Wed night, or for discussion whilst at Bristol.  I've been pondering a few levels:
  • Local community - in prep for, or as part of a workshop session - model shop, maplin, library, etc
  • Hackspace community - try and build some inter-hackspace collab - Manchester and Bristol seem obvious places to start - would be good to turn this into a real thing - perhaps send them some parts to kick it off?
  • 3D printing community - via major news sites (3dprint.com, reprap forums, thingiverse, etc)
thoughts/debate welcome...