Hover Bike Quad Copter

Gyrobot

Nov 3, 2014, 2:30:33 AM11/3/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
I like it a lot : Hover Bike

This should be 3D printable (a model not full size!!)

Damian Axford

Nov 3, 2014, 3:24:16 AM11/3/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome... Not getting why it's any more than a big quad though...

Robert Longbottom

Nov 3, 2014, 4:21:57 AM11/3/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, pretty neat, and if he builds on you can sit on, very nice.

You're going to loose some efficiency with the props crossing like that,
and having different spacing in left/right and front/back will mean
you'd need to do have diffent roll and pitch settings in the flight
controller because one axis will be a lot more sensitive than the other.

Jamie Osborne

Nov 3, 2014, 6:59:49 AM11/3/14
to swindon-...@googlegroups.com
It is interesting why they do that - it's not explained. If you look down the length of the bike, the overlap seems to maintain the width of the payload - as if it's intended to create a wide axis along the bike.

I should think roll is pretty stable by the overlap being reversed at either end, though the potential loss in efficiency is interesting - I wonder if they've done something clever to minimise or make use of this (such as increase stability) in order to justify it (else they simply wouldn't have it?).

Jamie