Swift and hirundine ambulances

Storrington Swifts

Jun 18, 2024, 12:58:19 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to swiftslocalnetwork
Hi all,

A group of people in our area have come together and offered to transport any swifts etc that need to go to a rehabber. The problem is how do finders find out about us? We are also planning to distribute a list of rehabbers in the area to local vets along with the Swift Conservation vet leaflet but then how do the vets contact us to get the birds transported - other than one person putting their number forward but would they know where to find that when they need it? We could let the rehabbers know about us, but where these are larger organisations, it is easy to see that not all the staff will know about us or know where to find our contact number when they need it.

These questions may sound a bit 'wet' but we can't have a system that is too complicated or relies on folk being able to find a number when they need it. Does anyone have any advice and experience having done something similar in their area?

Thanks,

Julie

richardreed.tech

Jun 18, 2024, 5:18:53 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to swiftslocalnetwork
Hi Julie
There’s a facebook group called Swift and Swallow SOS which is set up just for this. If you join the group you can register as Swift/ Swallow taxis in your area. Share the group around your friends so they can alert them of any casualties that need help and the group will put out a call to the nearest registered taxi. They also have details of all the registered rehabbers etc.

Richard