SAW2024 Update No. 9 at 18th June

Nick Brown

Jun 18, 2024, 4:38:28 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

We now have 71 events listed which is really great: SAW 2024 events - Google Docs .
The RSPB is in the process of updating its list for the final time.
(I had an enquiry stemming from their website about a local walk this morning, just one of several.)

Getting your local publicity organised now will be key to achieving a good turnout.
If you can include a local ‘story’ of some sort that would certainly help in getting good coverage.
‘Warmer weather bodes well for swifts as their chicks hatch and a week of national and local events begins’…..
That sort of thing.
Don’t forget local radio too…..

And if you are bold enough, try the regional TV channels – but they will definitely need a good storyline!

With so much election coverage, the media need alternative, lighter stories more than ever right now!

If you need any help do get in touch directly.
There are photos in the SLN library you can use……

And of course there is social media - #SwiftAwarenessWeek

Nick
(nbr...@derbyshirewt.co.uk )

SAW 2024 Coordinator