Leafletting for Swift Awareness Week

Banstead Swifts

Jul 1, 2024, 9:38:11 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hello all

> My experience of leafletting the public whilst I walked up Banstead (Surrey) High Street today:
>
> 20% refused to take a leaflet or said they were not interested (majority male),
> 50% looked like they didn't know what a swift was but were happy to take a leaflet and I engaged with them,
> 30% recognition of swifts or positive excitement! The village vets were very supportive.
>
> Fortunately the majority of interactions were pleasant or neutral.
>
> I am not sure if I will leaflet this way again though. It takes some nerve.
>
> Has anyone had any issues with leafletting in High Streets? I am assuming no authority permission is required?
>
> Best
> Annie

Helen Lucy

Jul 1, 2024, 10:03:39 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
I think that’s a great success rate! Well done!  Most people will think you’re selling something or promoting religion, so you have to have a few words ready to introduce the leaflet. Having a gimmick like giant swift wings or a large model swift attracts positive attention too 😂. Helen.

Anne & Tony Croft

Jul 1, 2024, 2:53:33 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Digest recipients
Hi Helen

we had well over 200 people through our garden we believe as we never stopped for 2 days...I have none of your lovely Swift books left and at least é people getting swift boxes put up ready for next year!

Thank you for your super material it really impressed people and got them engaged and interested.

Thank you.

Best regards
Tony

Sent from my Google Pixel 7a