Massive increase in local Swift Activity in NW London

Edward Mayer

Jun 18, 2024, 8:26:36 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to Swifts Local Network
Dear Swift Friends & Colleagues,

Great news! The past three days with much warmer weather and lots of sun
we have seen a huge increase in Swift activity and numbers at the
apartments where I live in North West London. Maybe they have been
augmented by the juveniles returning from Africa as they do, later in
the season, but whatever, there have been great flypasts, lots of nest
visits to the roofs above us and last night I guesstimated some 40 to 50
birds well spread about but visible at one time over our flats and the
streets beyond to the West. Our own local flock seems to be about 20
birds in the sky at any one time - others will be in their nests of
course. That's pretty normal numbers for our colony at the apartments
(built about 1930) It's wonderful to see!

Best wishes, Edward

Louise at Bolton and Bury Swifts

Jun 19, 2024, 9:40:25 AM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
That's brilliant Edward, glad you are seeing so many London Swifts!

Hope you get then in your boxes soon.

Best Wishes Louise