Re: [SLN] Digest for swiftslocalnetwork@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics

Robert Stark

Jun 17, 2024, 6:10:04 AM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

The old Hull and East Yorkshire group has secured a blanket policy on for box fitting on any reroofs.

We have had similar support in Scarborough area from ‘Sanctuary Housing Group’ who are going to fit boxes to all reroofed properties in Scarborough. ‘Beyond Housing Group’ have offered to fit boxes provided the sitting tenants agree although none have been done yet.

I would advise finding out if there is a local council officer responsible for the relevant estate. They will know who to speak to at the housing group. Keep chipping away until you find someone within the social
Housing organisation that is supportive (it may take sometime).

Pre-assembled plastic boxes are available from AfS (I had huge reservations giving busy builders flat packs) or even better a moulded box will be available very soon from AfS. It is the latter we have recommended to Sanctuary.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Rob Stark
Scarborough

Jun 17, 2024, 5:50:31 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Urgent action (petition??) is needed to afford swifts the same legal protections that bats enjoy. LA housing being upgraded re- roofs & eaves is the main cause of the halving of Shipston’s swift population back in 2016. 😔 Jacey. SAS.
Sent from my iPhone